Lacrosse Wall Ball Drills
Here are a number of simple wall ball drills that are focused on improving the lacrosse stick skills of beginners. For other basic drills, please visit the main Beginner Lacrosse Drills section.
Wall ball is a great way to practice many basic lacrosse techniques such as shooting, passing & catching. It allows you to get in tons of repetitions… and you don’t need a partner! You can work on weak areas (i.e. left hand passing) without anyone watching or laughing at you. Surprise your friends next season by improving “secretly” in the backyard by doing wall ball (i.e. via a lacrosse rebounder at home).
Beginner Lacrosse – Best Lacrosse Books
Lacrosse Wall Ball Drills for Beginners
- 25 right hand passes, right hand catches
- 25 left hand passes, left hand catches
- 25 right hand passes, left hand catches
- 25 left hand passes, right hand catches
- 25 split dodge or face dodge & shoot – right & left
Lacrosse Wall Ball Drills for Intermediate & Advanced Players
- Catch cross handed (Canadian style). Pass right and have the ball come back on your left side but catch with your right hand (with the stick coming across your body). See the cross handed section of our catching section for more details.
- Change your distance from the wall (i.e. shoot & catch from 5 yards, 10 yards, 15 yards, etc.)
- Try different shooting angles (i.e. shoot overhand, sidearm and underhand against the wall)
- Run along side the wall while throwing & catching
- Practice scooping up groundballs by shooting low and scooping up the returning groundball
- Practice fakes and shoot against the wall
- Quick stick drills
- Behind the back passes and shots
- One handed catches – Catch passes off the wall with only one hand on the stick! This will help you to handle those difficult/almost out-of-reach catches.
Examples of Different Lacrosse Wall Ball Drills