Top Academic Colleges With D1, D2 or D3 Lacrosse Programs
Here is a list of the best academic colleges with D1, D2 or D3 lacrosse programs. These top lacrosse colleges & universities include Ivy League schools, engineering schools, military academies and top liberal arts colleges. Selection is based on men’s lacrosse schools with the lowest acceptance rates. For example, Harvard had a 5% acceptance rate in 2016. This means that only 5% of the 2016 applicants were accepted at Harvard. In contrast, a college with a 75% acceptance rate is relatively easy to get into.
Be aware that many lacrosse players use their success at lacrosse as a means to get into a better academic school (versus what they could attend based on just their grades). Nevertheless, many of these better academic institutions also have very high minimum academic standards. Therefore, for recruiting purposes, you need to be a superior lacrosse player and have great grades & SAT/ACT scores in order to get into strong lacrosse programs at the top academic colleges & universities.
Please note that many other strong D1, D2 & D3 lacrosse schools just missed this list and also have very low acceptance rates (i.e. Notre Dame). For additional college recruiting information, please visit the main Lacrosse College Recruiting section.
Best Academic Lacrosse Colleges & Universities – List in alphabetic order (not rank order)
Click on the links below to learn more about the colleges, acceptance rates, lacrosse programs, etc. To find the prospect days for these colleges, please visit our section on upcoming lacrosse prospect days & camps.
- Amherst Men’s Lacrosse Team – D3 Lacrosse. This link goes to the college’s lacrosse team website where you can learn more about their record, schedule, roster, coaches, etc.
- Amherst Acceptance Rate – This page shows a college’s acceptance rate for recent applicants.
- Amherst College Admissions Office – This page provides information about the college’s admissions process such as average applicant GPA, campus visits, tuition information, etc.
- Amherst College is located in Amherst, MA.
- Bowdoin Men’s Lacrosse Team – D3 Lacrosse
- Bowdoin Acceptance Rate
- Bowdoin College Admissions Office
- Bowdoin College is located in Brunswick, ME.
- Brown Men’s Lacrosse Team – D1 Lacrosse
- Brown Acceptance Rate
- Brown University Admissions Office
- Brown University is located in Providence, RI.
- Cornell Men’s Lacrosse Team – D1 Lacrosse
- Cornell Acceptance Rate
- Cornell Admissions Office
- Cornell University is located in Ithaca, NY.
- Dartmouth Men’s Lacrosse Team – D1 Lacrosse
- Dartmouth Acceptance Rate
- Dartmouth Admissions Office
- Dartmouth College is located in Hanover, NH.
- Duke Men’s Lacrosse Team – D1 Lacrosse
- Duke Acceptance Rate
- Duke Admissions Office
- Duke University is located in Durham, NC.
- Georgetown Men;s Lacrosse – D1 Lacrosse
- Georgetown Acceptance Rate
- Georgetown Admissions Office
- Georgetown University is located in Washington, DC.
- Harvard Men’s Lacrosse Team – D1 Lacrosse
- Harvard Acceptance Rate
- Harvard Admissions Office
- Harvard University is located in Cambridge, MA.
John Hopkins University
- John Men’s Lacrosse – D1 Lacrosse
- John Hopkins Acceptance Rate
- John Hopkins Admissions Office
- John Hopkins University is located in Baltimore, MD.
- Middlebury Men’s Lacrosse Team – D3 Lacrosse
- Middlebury Acceptance Rate
- Middlebury College Admissions Office
- Middlebury College is located in Middlebury, VT.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- MIT Men’s Lacrosse Team – D3 Lacrosse
- MIT Acceptance Rate
- MIT Admissions Office
- MIT is located in Cambridge, MA.
University of Pennsylvania (UPENN)
- University of Pennsylvania Men’s Lacrosse Team – D1 Lacrosse
- UPENN Acceptance Rate
- UPENN Admissions Office
- UPENN is located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Princeton Men’s Lacrosse Team – D1 Lacrosse
- Princeton Acceptance Rate
- Princeton Admissions Office
- Princeton University is located in Princeton, NJ.
- Swarthmore Men’s Lacrosse Team – D3 Lacrosse
- Swarthmore Acceptance Rate
- Swarthmore Admissions Office
- Swarthmore College is located in Swarthmore, PA.
- Tufts Men’s Lacrosse Team – D3 Lacrosse
- Tufts Acceptance Rate
- Tufts Admissions Office
- Tufts University is located in Medford, MA.
US Air Force Academy
- US Air Force Academy Men’s Lacrosse – D1 Lacrosse
- US Air Force Academy Acceptance Rate
- US Air Force Academy Admissions Office
- US Air Force Academy is located in CO.
US Military Academy (West Point)
- US Military Academy Men’s Lacrosse Team – D1 Lacrosse
- US Military Academy (Westpoint) Acceptance Rate
- US Military Academy Admissions Office
- US Military Academy is located in West Point, NY.
US Naval Academy
- US Naval Academy Men’s Lacrosse Team – D1 Lacrosse
- US Naval Academy Acceptance Rate
- US Naval Academy Admissions Office
- US Naval Academy is located in Annapolis, MD.
- Wesleyan Men’s Lacrosse Team – D3 Lacrosse
- Wesleyan Acceptance Rate
- Wesleyan Admissions Office
- Wesleyan University is located in Middletown, CT.
- Williams College Men’s Lacrosse Team – D3 Lacrosse
- Williams College Acceptance Rate
- Williams College Admissions Office
- Williams College is located in Williamstown, MA.
- Yale University Men’s Lacrosse – D1 Lacrosse
- Yale Acceptance Rate
- Yale Admissions Office
- Yale University is located in New Haven, CT.
US News & World Report, Top 100 – Lowest Acceptance Rates, https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/lowest-acceptance-rate