Lacrosse Midfielders (Middies) – Instructions, Tips, Videos, etc.
This page provides details for lacrosse midfielders (middies). It looks at middie shooting techniques, defense and much more.
If you play midfield in lacrosse, you will need tremendous agility and endurance. This is because you will running the entire field because you must play offense and defense. Furthermore, if you don’t hustle back to play defense, opposing teams will have an easier time scoring and you are more likely to sit on the bench. Therefore, star middies not only work on their shooting and passing skills but also on becoming stronger defenders.
Key Elements for a Lacrosse Midfielder – Each section includes instructions & videos
- Dodges – This section provides instructions for lacrosse dodges such as the split dodge, question mark dodge, etc.
- Face-Off Wing Play – Middies who are the most aggressive & best groundball hawks often play as a wing player on the face-off unit because it is critical to win a face-off possession.
- Long Stick Middies (LSMs) – This page provides details on how to be an effective LSM.
- Man-Down – The best defensive lacrosse middies often play on the man-down units.
- Man-Up – The strongest offensive lacrosse middies play on the man-up unit.
- Passing & Feeding
- Shooting – This section focuses on a wide variety of different lacrosse shooting techniques (i.e. shooting on the run, time & room shooting, etc.).
- Scoring Techniques – Techniques that are frequently used by middies.
Instructional Videos for Lacrosse Middies
How to Dodge as a Middie
Shooting on the Run